Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Carolyn Fisher - Weeds Find a Way

I have to admit that I am not a big fan of weeds, I am however a big fan of this book illustrated by Calgarian and former ACAD instructor Carolyn Fisher.

I don't want to play favourites but I can't help but feel this is Carolyn's best book, it is wonderfully composed with vivid colours, sumptuous textures, and a sweetly drawn child. The blog Seven Impossible Things Before Breakfast features some images from the book here: http://blaine.org/sevenimpossiblethings/?p=3316#more-3316

It is written by Cindy Jenson-Elliot and Kirkus has an interesting review where they assign the book their own homemade descriptor "Ficinformational" to describe it.

You can find out more about Carolyn on her website/blog http://www.carolynfisher.com
and she has created a trailer for the book which I have embedded below.

Weeds Find a Way was published this month by Beach Lane Books.





Weeds Find a Way, picture book trailer from Carolyn Fisher on Vimeo.